3sixty and sat radio

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fstrfvo, Jan 11, 2008.

1. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Hey guys, nice to see most of you are still here and healthy. Just got back from 6 months in the middle east and have a question. I have to use the fm modulator for XM and it sounds so bad I dont even want to listen. From what I understand the fosgate 3sixty will make everything sound the same regardless of the source, is that true? What about the Alpine unit with imprint? Is it any good? My system consists of factory head unit (no dash kit avail) Hifonics 4 channel pushing Focal polyglas 6 1/2 up front and Focal polyglas 5x7 in rear deck. Hifonics Titan amp @ 1500 watts @ 1 ohm pushing 2 12 inch PPI DCX 124 subs wired at 1 ohm. CD and radio sound awesome but the xm is really terrible sounding. Anything to get it to sound good would be appreciated. Its really nice to be back in the good old USA!!!

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

WELCOME BACK.glad to here your back in one piece.

the olny thing i can think of is if you get an eq with an aux in,then you can connect the sat directly.i did that with mine before i got a new deck with an xm tuner.
    [​IMG]
    like this

3. pedro quiroga

also what car do you have

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

2001 Mercury Sable with electronic climate controls, can you give me an idea how I would hook this up. Does the eq hook up to the tuner?? The only input on the tuner is being used by the cd changer.

5. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

or do you hook up the rcas from the line level convertors to the input and then output to the amps?

6. pedro quiroga

like the last thing you said.

the eq has 2 inputs.so one is for your radio.the other for your sat tuner.the eq has its own vol knob.so you'll have to set the vol on your deck and leave it.

you can also think of it as an a/v selector on a home amp.

7. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

which eq did you use? I also need one that can be trunk mounted since there is no where to mount on in the dash. I guess i could mount one in the glove box or the center console but it would be easier to just mount it in the trunk next to the amps. Any ideas on a good trunk mounted one?

8. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Will the clean sweep let me adjust the sound quailty or just add more things into the system. The xm is hooked up but sounds really horrible, so I need something to adjust the sound quality.

9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The Clean Sweep has no adjustments. It will adjust itself using the calibration CD that it comes with. You will cut all four sets of speaker wires and attach it to the Clean Sweep input. It will provide you with two low level outputs.

CleanSweep works, your factory radio will sound as good as any aftermarket radio.

Yes it has an aux input.

10. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Sorry Ranger dont mean to ask stupid questions... but if I connect the 4 speaker wires to thte clean sweep where do I connect the clean sweep? My factory stereo has only one input which is being used by the cd changer. My second question is how good does the Fosgate 3sixty.1 work as I have one just sitting in my garage. The only thing I dont like about it is you need a blue tooth enabled unit to program or change the settings which would be a big pain if you ever need to change the EQ curve. Thats why I really need to make sure whatever im hooking up will work, as this is my daily driver and I hate wasting my day off (not to mention $) on a product that I cant hook up or wont get the job done. Thanks for your time.

11. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I have no experience with the Rockford Sixty, so I don't know.

Your four speaker wires from your factory radio will go to the input side of the Clean Sweep. The Clean Sweep has two pairs of RCA Outputs that you will hook up to your amps. Your amps will be hooked up to your speakers.

The Clean Sweep will be hooked up btween your factory radio and your amps. Are you using LOC's right now? If you are you no longer need them. The Clean Sweep will take your speaker level outputs from the radio process and correct the sound and then supply you with a low level output for your amps.

Clean Sweep will not affect your changer. It does not need to be hooked up to the changers aux in. Also Clean Sweep has an aux input for whatever audio device you wanna plug in

12. pedro quiroga

doesnt the 3sixty.1 have a laptop input?

13. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

hey fstrfvo, umm before you do all this, you have to get rid of the fm modulator, throw it in the garbage where it belongs, if you hook that xm unit directly to your deck with wires, the sound is very good, clean and has bottom end. I have used those same units, xm and sirius. The quality is way better than radio and slightly under cd quality. If you do this i bet you won't want any other eqs or anything. If you've already done this then NevErMiNd LOL.

14. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Yes Ranger I am using LOCs right now, and you have me thinking how I have them hooked up, if I hook up the 2 front and 2 rear speaker wires from the head unit to the clean sweep what do I put to the sub amp? My other question is will it affect the whole system or only whats hooked up to its input. The radio and cd both sound awesome, its only the xm thats terrible.

No Pedro as far as I know you have to use a blue tooth enabled palm to program or change settings, that will suck if you change speakers or amps and need to make adjustments. God only knows how many speakers we all go through.

Electrolytic can you tell me how you wire them directly to the head unit cause the only thing on the back of the unit is the speaker wires, the cd changer aux input and some climate controls.

15. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

im sorry Ranger I have another question, was wondering how much voltage the clean sweep will put to the amps, is it sufficient or will I need to put in a line driver?

16. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

just wondering if caddy, viking and dreamz mustang are still around?

17. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Hey, i guess you can't hook it directly if your using the car's factory head unit. Which car is it year and stuff because i know some places that have tons of aftermarket faceplate kits. You will never get a good sound using an fm modulator, too much static interference and the quality is crap, you need a good source signal to start with, and the only way to do this is to wire directly to the head unit. Sounds like you have some nice stuff already i would spend the cash and get a half descent pioneer head unit. Then you can plug in anything directly.

Welcome back to the us by the way lol must feel good to be back. Last i heard of viking he was getting a divorce then he has disappeared into the void lol.

18. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

I had a cassette originally and found this nice faceplate kit.

Attached Files:

19. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Attached Files: