POWER ACOUSTIK OV1-2000D questions

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by chriswms, Aug 28, 2007.

1. chriswms

chriswms Full Member

Woud the POWER ACOUSTIK OV1-2000D amp be a suitable amp for 2 15" kicker cvr subs. that should put me at about 450watts a sub at 2ohms. and is that about how much power I want to be feeding them?

2. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

look for an amp that is in your price range...then get the subs either 2 or 4 ohm...i would get a mono amp that goes to 1 ohm...then get 2x4ohm subs...that will put you at 1 ohm. Get the most out of the amp.

3. danracer

danracer Full Member

i think that amp is at a great price...i like power acoustick amps...i have one right now w/ 2 15 audiopipes and it makes them bang really hard

4. chriswms

chriswms Full Member

if you would go to 1ohm. what would be a decent amp for about 150 give or take a little that would push the 15's and be 1ohm stable and how hard do i actually want to push them? do i want to push all 500watts rms per sub that they can handle or a bump down from that? thanks

5. chriswms

chriswms Full Member

just curious but wouldnt that be pushing to much to the speakers at 1 ohm. 750watts rms per sub? i believe theyre only rated for 5oo?

6. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

u have a volume knob:) lol

7. mrmizcue

mrmizcue Full Member

just set the gain on the amp down a little. Who know's...you might need 2 more after a bit and you will already have the power to push'em

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If they are rated 500 watts rms i wouldn't push any more than that into them, they will fry.

9. Jeffc879

Jeffc879 Full Member

they will fry from distortion first. 1500 rms from a 150 dollar amp? i find hard to believe, but if you get it dont use the bass boost and keep the gain hella low. if that amp was low thd and 1500 rms wouldnt we all have one? seriously.