Replacement Remote from Autozone

Discussion in 'Car Alarm, Remote Start and other Accessories.' started by double b26, Apr 16, 2007.

1. double b26

double b26 Full Member

i am probably gonna buy a 97 isuzu rodeo ls from my mom. it has a factory alarm, but the remote is all messed up. i dont know what she did to it, but the thing is literally falling apart. right now she has it all taped up to keep it together. and she just leaves it in the car. every time she opens the door, the alarm goes off, and she has to dig around for the remote to turn it off. so anyway, if i buy it, replacing that remote is the first thing i am going to do.

i was at autozone a few days ago, and i saw a big sign on the door saying that they sell replacement oem alarm remotes. i was wondering if anyone has bought one from them. if so, how much are they (approximately), and are they made well?

or if there is somewhere that i could get one cheaper or whatever, let me know.

thanks

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

According to my info, there is no factory alarm option. I would look for the alarm module and determind the manufactorer before buying a remote.

Attached Files:

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Here is a simple test to see if it is indeed a factory alarm.

Roll down a window, lock and close all the doors. Arm the system

Unlock the truck WITHOUT using the key, or the power lock button or the remote. Just unlock it manually. Open the door, the alarm should go off.

Now if it is a factory alarm, you should be able to disarm it with the key, put the key in the door and turn it to the unlock position, the alarm will shut off if it is a factory system.

Test first because my info is not always 100% correct, its just 99% correct

4. double b26

double b26 Full Member

interesting. i assumed it was factory because (im 99% sure) it says isuzu on the bottom, below the buttons. i could be wrong tho. she bought the car when she was living in california last time...a few years ago. and she got it used. so its hard to tell.

i just looked on kelly blue book and i didnt see an alarm option for it on there either. ill just have to call her and have her tell me what it says on the remote. she lives an hour or so away, and our scheduals are never on synch. but when i get down there, ill try the lock thing you mentioned.

even still, in general, about how much would i be looking at for a replacement...whether its factory or aftermarket??

5. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

My remote says Ford on it and its a Code Alarm. It was installed by me. All factory installed alarms can be disarmed by simply unlocking the driver or passenger door with the key.

Anyway this is NOT a factory Ford Alarm

[​IMG]

It is a Code Alarm, and it cannot be disarmed by unlocking a door with the key

Replacement Code remotes range from 35 to 45 dollars.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  6. double b26

double b26 Full Member

i got ya. its probably something along the lines you what you have. i figured that it said isuzu... thanks for clearing that up and for letting me know a ballpark figure on the remote.

ill still try the lock thing just for the hell of it. from what i remember, the alarm goes off when she opens the door. she keeps it locked up, and leaves the remote inside the car...so i guess she is using the key to get it unlocked. and it goes off. i never paid that close of attention to really say for sure.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  7. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Because I suspect that you also have a Code Alarm, you can order replacement remotes from Code Alarm

Confirm first that it is indead a Code Alarm, your module may look different from mine but it will have a 1-800 number on the back on an orange tag.

http://www.autoalarmpro.com/replacement_remotes

8. double b26

double b26 Full Member

the box should be under the dash..around the steering column, shouldn't it?

EDIT: i couldnt get the link to work (i guess the site could be down). could you repost it for me please?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  9. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

I just tryed it and it worked for me.

Location of the brain depends on the installer. If he thought like a thief, it could be well hidden. Many installers will put it in a convenient place but most will tuck it out of sight.

http://www.autoalarmpro.com/replacement_remotes

If it dont work goggle code alarm remotes.