Pac 200 Amp Relay / Battery Isolator

Discussion in 'Car Audio Classifieds' started by electrolytic, Apr 2, 2007.

1. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Anyone have this for sale?

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I have a PAC 200 amp selenoid outside sitting on my 1939 john Deere B beiung used as a starter selenoid.......Tractor needs rebuilt altogether, total restore. Will see if it still works. If so and looks to be in good condition i will let you know. BTW.....DONT use a phucking battery isolator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!They are good for RV's and the likes, but NOT car audio sytems.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I am getting a PAC relay soon...one my fuking 9.1 is sent back and I get a new one that works!!!!

4. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

What is the purpose of a PAC Relay?

5. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

to isolate the front battery from the rear battery/batteries

a relay is only useful of the front and rear batteries are not the same and not the same age.

if you get two new batteries than there is no need...reason to use one is because the float voltages and internal resistance and such are different between an old front battery and a new one...voltage goes from high to low so the weaker battery will leech off of the new one and they will eventually kill each other...Viking correct me if I'm wrong

6. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Cool, my Orion is in the mail! Should get it this week. If that relay is good viking i can send you some cash through paypal or send you something else in return. They are expensive little buggers lol, would cost me like $80.00-$90.00 canadian for a new one. The battery will be over $100.00 i'm sure, i don't think i ever bought a battery under $100.00. Welcome to Canaduh lol.

7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

You pretty much have it right!!!!