Rockford Fosgate

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Melontop, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Melontop

Melontop Full Member

Is it a good company? Please leave a reason for why or why not.

2. bigbassboi

bigbassboi Full Member

yes it is a great comapnt. i run a single type r 15 in a custom enclosure with a rf t10001bd amp to it and it is loud. i metered at 146 db last weekend... pricey stuff tho when u compare it to hifonics and other companies, but good stuff.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

They are good...and they are also bad and pieces of sh!t.

There amps are good...pretty tough from my experience.

The Punch line of subwoofers...I wouldn't even take a glance at them. Their quality is horrible...Cones are made from thin brittle as fuk crappy plastic that'll crack from just playing hard...The tinsel leads have a high failure of becoming disconnected from the coil...Either its that or the suspension is crappily designed and cannot control the excursions.

The only good subs are the Power series subs...but I don't like the looks of them...but thats my opinion...they are still great woofers though...I just personally don't like em

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

they have been around for about 20 years. so, must not be too bad!!!!! LOL!!! I swore them off years ago when they went to the "HD" series of amps and such. Dont know much about them tody, maybe they are better, maybe not. But i dont think you would go wrong with a RF purchase.

5. Melontop

Melontop Full Member

viking, i have 4 p3 12's in 1 ft cu sealed boxes. they are running off of 2250 watts (t15002). they suggest 1.75 cu ft each sub tuned to 37 hz. how much louder would they be in a 7 cu ft tuned to 35hz?

6. getmoney420

getmoney420 Full Member

Rockford Fosgate Vs. Power Acoustik (amps)

7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

I would say in the neighborhood of around 6 dB louder. maybe a touch more...... Plus, far better low frequency extension. But what is the displacement limited power handling of those subs in that box???? you gotta be sure they can hadle the power in that kind of box.But I would think they should

8. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

The tinsel leads will break and the cones will crack way before the subs will blow

9. JC1994

JC1994 Full Member

I have not had any problems with my RF 3002 amp and 12" subwoofer. I have been pounding it loud for over a year now.

10. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Well the amps are tough...I've personally had trouble with cones cracking and tinsel leads breaking.

I guess your one of the lucky ones

11. JC1994

JC1994 Full Member

I will have to keep an eye on it, thanks for the heads up. :)