anyone like clarion?

Discussion in 'Car Audio Head Units' started by Hautewheeler, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

hello everyone - same question as yesterday (takes a licking) just curious as to why no replies yet. I've been a kenwood guy since I was on the bottle, and now that I'm older and (well, frankly - on a different bottle now!) I notice that the kwoods just don't stand up to the torture. I just wonder if anyone likes the dxz755mc from clarion (the one with the "music catcher"). It seems to be a perfect match for no skipping and rubbing, but I would be reluctant to buy if you all think its a terd. I would rather spend the extra cash for something that I know will take the abuse of the high db's in a rattly old truck, any thoughts, fellas?
    even as much as a "TERD" or "NO TERD" vote would be fine with me. Thanks, - jeff
    ps. this site is cool:cool:

2. Caraudiotalk

Caraudiotalk Administrator Staff Member

Ive never been impressed by the Clarion brand.

3. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

thanks for the reply Mr A! does anyone besides clarion make a HU that you can upload songs to, that also has pigtail outs to satisfy dash constraints?

4. clipser-gs-t

clipser-gs-t Full Member

I don't care for clarion myself. I've always been an Alpine guy, but iv'e heard good things about Eclipse h/u's.

5. tuiloh

tuiloh Guest

the clarion hx-d2 s the best kekekek... do anyone like it

6. DMP

DMP Full Member

For headunits, im a fan of Pioneer. I dont like the designs of other head units, but some of them do have some nice features.

7. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

alpine
    pioneer
    clarion
    eclipse

best headunits

8. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i'm sorry this may seem like a dumb question.whats a pigtail out?

9. Rodny

Rodny Full Member

We sale Clarion and not to crazy about it, I will take Eclipse any day, they sound real good. (CD 3000 CD 4000 or CD5000)

10. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Clarion!!! ilke em.....Somewhere around here i have an OLD Clarion highway-Fidelity sereies HU..It has an external amp wired through a DIN cord, has auto reverse and Dolby B with a cool green fluorescent display and lots of brushed aluminim on it. Its an old 2 shaft job that was state of the art back in 1982 i think...Got an old clarion in our intrepid too, other than a faulty display, she works fine, its about 12 years old. Had a clarion CD player in one of my other old dodges, nad it for years, never a problem...i would buy a clarion even today i think.....cause remember what i always say?????

11. CadillacETC1997

CadillacETC1997 Well-Known Member

touch my chicken???
    rofl sorry couldnt resist
    i know it is ALL AUDIO EQUIP SUCKS, JUST SOME MORE THAN OTHERS...

12. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :) :D :cool:

13. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

I like Pioneer Premier better than the Pioneers

I also love Alpine's HU's though...look so sexy