Satellite Radio

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by waspnz, Oct 22, 2005.

1. waspnz

waspnz Full Member

I have sirius satellite in my car and am really dissapointed in the sound quality. Is anyone else experiencing this? How does the sound quality of XM compare?

2. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

You will find that all radio satillete or otherwise to be of poor quality...

CD quality is always going to be better

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I must have really bad ears, because I cant really hear much differance between a Strong Radio signal and a CD playing....

As far as Sirius Goes, 99% of any SQ issuse will be with the radio it is plaid on,
    I have no problems with my JVC sirius unit

4. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

if you get into home audio with highly detailed systems like mine

you realize that even the highest bitrate MP3's (400+kb) are just awful sounding

CD's are even pretty bad sometimes

I would like 24/96khz :(

5. waspnz

waspnz Full Member

My satellite is in my car. I have a kenwood deck with satellite added onto it. I seriously hate how it sounds. It sounds similar to download's you get from real player or something like that.

6. Feandil

Feandil Full Member

yea I certainly wouldn't call it very great

7. waspnz

waspnz Full Member

ok, so now i got a new deck and a new satellite receiver. I wasn't expecting it to sound any better and it still sounds like crap. On my new deck it was talking about xm satellite being compatable with my deck but I got sirius. Do you think features on my deck would work better with xm then sirius?

8. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

Actually XM runs at a lower rate than sirius. I honeslty dont have this problem, I have had sirius for a long time now and will take it over xm (crappy ass sound) any day.