Battery Charging Question

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Snausages01, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

How long would it take to charge a 12v 115 amp hour deep cycle on a car's charging system? (110 amp alt)

More details here (well kinda...it shows the picture of the batt):
    http://www.reeflounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14024

Sorry for the cross posting on here and CAF...Realized that some of the mechanics here maybe able to better answer this. ;)

Thanks,

2. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Come on some one has to know... :unsure:

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I dont know how long it will take with out knowing the full specs of your car

But I would not worry too much about Ivan...

Once it hits the Easterly's it will shoot over to the panhandle....

4. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

What else would have to be known? I have an 02 F-150 <_<

Well I am not too worried about Ivan actually hitting, but I am worried about possibly bein with out power. The batter will last me anywhere between 1 and 2 days. I do not expect to be with out power that long, but you never know.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

How discharged is the battery? Typically after a startup, about 15-20 minutes to regain full charge (from what the starter draws).

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

he is talking from no charge basically to full charge

and to that I would say, and you can quote me

"I really long fucking time"

but I dont know for sure :lmfao:

7. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

from dead to a surface charge of 13.5v, about 30-45 min. thats with a 110A alty

8. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

I was hoping with the 110 amp alt it would only take an hour or two because on a charger it does take about 7-11 hours, but thats only at 6 amps. Also, the battery would be damn near dead (10.5 volts).

However, if this things keeps going east I wont have to find out how long it will reall take. :)

9. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

yeah the charger takes a hell of a lot longer than the car running, unless you use a charger/jumper. i use the charger only to maintain my surface charge....it's alot cheaper than letting my car idle all day :p

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

It's probably too late now...
    But you could buy one of those solar battery chargers... its got two alligator clips that attach to your battery, and a solar panel that I assume you'd shut your hood and just leave on your hood.

I've seen one once (SkyMall catalog?) that was a solar panel, with a cigarette lighter end on it... you just plug it into the cigarette lighter, and lay it on your dash, and it'll keep the battery topped off by whatever sunshine makes it through the clouds.

11. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Well we are in the clear. We barely got any wind (a few gusts but nothing much) and no rain. :lol:

Thanks for the helps guys.

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

once again, I am ALWAYS right ;) :lmfao: :rolleyes:

13. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well, if you weren't full of so much hot air, possibly the hurricane would have gone on its original predicted course...
    :lol:

:rifle: