Audiocontrol Spl Meter

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kennyg, Jan 19, 2004.

1. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

what is one of these worth? My friend wants me to sell it for him, I haven't seen it yet. He's gonna get me a model number and a pic, but, does anybody have a rough estimate on what one might be worth?

2. black00

black00 Full Member

:D you got bored huh...just had to post something...

You know thats too vague of a question man...LOL..

Look on www.audiocontrol.com and find out how much their typical ones are...

Then ........ WAIT...to see the condition and the model of the used one...and use your best judgement....

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

from what you posted at CAF it is probally the SA3055 which is worth new about $1,600

4. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

well, he wants me to sell it for him, but I have no clue what they are even worth. I will know the model number hopefully by tomarrow.

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It's worth about $15... Who do I send the money to :p

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

find out

I may be in the market for a SPL meter soon,

Will not pay anywhere near 1600 for it

but if the price is right ;)

7. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I'll pay $20! :p

8. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Full Member

$25 here! haha you're all beat

9. jlaine

jlaine Full Member

The primary factor would be if it has the 170dB upgrade kit installed.

If it does, don't accept less than $500 for it if it's in good condition - but don't expect more than $800, because that's about what the internet demand deems it to be worth. Be forewarned though, the market for them isn't exactly huge - finding a local competitor that wants one would give you a higher chance of getting better money for it.

With termlab USB out for $600, and IASCA format almost all but dead, RTA function for it is purely fluff - but it's still a nice thing to have - plus it has a noise generator for doing response tests of speakers too. ;)

10. kennyg

kennyg Full Member

Again, I'm not sure what model it is, but I'll find out all the specs hopefully tomarrow from him. I do believe it is a few years old, so did they use teh asme model for the last few years?

BTW, Jlaine. Is there any way that I could be allowed to post on SIN again?

11. jlaine

jlaine Full Member

I've always known them as the 3055, any that predate it I've never seen in use...

I know nothing about you not being allowed to post on sin... I see nothing amiss with your account either as I just checked on it. If for some reason it continues just contact me personally.

12. forbidden

forbidden Full Member

If it is the SA3050 it may have only been calibrated to 150db, the 3055 was a software upgrade that tuned to 170 db with new mic's and now with another software upgrade to 180db (just had mine done) No matter what, the value of these meters plummets as the cost of a new or recalibrated microphone is usually costly to say the least. The SA3055 also has the real nice capability of measureing preout voltage, this way we can see how bad the manufacturers lie about their outputs, wonder how many that could be?