Subwoofer Output Fading

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by malibuboats91, Jul 7, 2014.

1. malibuboats91

malibuboats91 Full Member

Hey everyone I have a JL 12" W6 with a MTX x500d amp. I've used this setup for maybe 5 years and have been experiencing some issues. About two months ago my amp kept going into safety mode because it was to close to the back of my seat. MTX also told me to turn my gain down below half. After doing that it worked fine but didn't have the output that it used to have due to the lower gain. Over the past few weeks now I have noticed that the subwoofer output has been fading to a point where it's hard to even tell I have a sub. I haven't changed any settings other than the bass knob on my OEM head unit in my car. Last night I checked all the wiring and settings and it's all good. Does this sound like my amp or sub is starting to fail? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. malibuboats91

Any ideas???

3. malibuboats91

Anyone??????

4. thomash1313

thomash1313 New Member

The amp will turn down the volume when it start to overheat. The reason can also be that the electronics are starting to fail, and you should buy a new amp. Try to clean the amp inside and let it breathe enough to cool down, if that doesn't work you should throw it away