pioneer avh-p3200bt - Sirius interface stopped working

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by brucewol, Aug 21, 2012.

1. brucewol

brucewol New Member

Hi I've got a Pioneer avh-3200bt that has a Sirius interface to an external Sirius radio - for me a Starmate 5. I've had the unit working for about 2 years and moving the starmate ocassionally to a second vehicle. Well it just stopped working. The starmate works fine in the second vehilce. When it's in the primary vehicle, it lights up but the steering wheel controls or headunit doesn't allow it to switch stations, etc. The starmate plugs into SCVDOC1 SiriusConnectâ„¢ Vehicle Docking Kit.

Any tips on how to diagnose would be helpful. Thanks. Bruce

2. brucewol

brucewol New Member

Collecting info to log a trouble report with Pioneer. The connectivity is from
    pioneer hu avh-p3200bt to
    pioneer sirius bus interface cscd-sb10 to
    sirius connect docking station svdov1 to
    sirius starmate 5 radio

There's a fuse for the bus interface that also provides power for the radio and the radio lights up. The fuse holder gets power and the fuse is good. I get no unit on the hu display when the fuse is out or the docking station is disconnected or the radio is not in the docking unit. So I'm tending to think the sirius bus is good. I know the radio is good because it works in another docking station.

So my next step is disconnect everything and then carefully reconnect.

3. brucewol

brucewol New Member

Well disconnecting everything and then reconnecting everything worked. I suspect that the radio did properly seat in the docking station. Don't know why though since there is a 1/2 alignment pin to guide insertion into the plug and needs to be pushed down far enough to lock into place. I'm just glad that I didn't need to pull the dash apart to get behind the radio. The sirius bus and docking station were tucked behind the glove compartment, easy to remove in a Tacoma.