Anybody Own or Owned a Clarion VZ401 or 400?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by AP_ALL_DAY_28, Apr 10, 2012.

1. AP_ALL_DAY_28

AP_ALL_DAY_28 New Member

I was looking for a 7" motorized screen that pops out of the dash.

The one I really wanted was a Clarion VZ401, but it was a little out of my price range.

So I ended up going with a Boss BV9967B, which does not come with navigation, SAT radio, or HD radio.

One of the things I did not like about the Boss is that when I had my Ipod Touch plugged in it took forever to scroll down. If I wanted to listen to 9th Wonder (which is at the very bottom) it takes forever to scroll all the way to the bottom. Not only that, but everytime I got out of my car it would not pickup where I left off, I have to scroll all the way to the bottom once again. It has no problem doing that if there’s a cd in there, but it won’t do that for my Ipod. And no, I don’t disconnect my Ipod when I get out of my car.

But anyways my question is, does the Clarion VZ401 or 400 do the same thing?

If your browsing this forum & aren't not registered and you own or owned a VZ401 please email me.

It's hard to find somebody that has a Clarion.

email: youknowmysteez1991@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

do you have any playlists or just songs?

add a few playlists.

3. AP_ALL_DAY_28

AP_ALL_DAY_28 New Member

I do have a few playlist's, but the problem's still the same.

4. caly87

caly87 New Member

I have a Clarion VX401.

it should have the same GUI/OS that the VZ401.

no problems with the ipod connection at all. it starts up right at the same place with both audio & video.

5. AP_ALL_DAY_28

AP_ALL_DAY_28 New Member

Yeah the VX401 is the same as the VZ.

Thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

How is it when your scrolling trying to find an artist?

Because the Boss I have is a big pain in the ass, especially if what your looking for is at the very bottom.

It takes forever.