Infinity speakers cutting out

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by portlockt3, Oct 7, 2011.

1. portlockt3

portlockt3 New Member

Hi there i'm new to these forums and am not sure if this is the right place to post it but here goes...

I purchased a Subwoofer and some brand new Infinity speakers off my friend. Everything ran fine for a while until one day i was blaring the music out and all of a sudden the infinity speakers (which are at the back of the car) cut out. Now, when i listen to songs, my normal front speakers are fine, however after putting the volume over 20 the infinitys tend to cut out.

I was today cleaning my car, and accidently pulled the ground cable out of the amp, and now the infinities cut out even lowwer (at 18 volume, sometimes 17 or 16). This is really irritating as i cant crank my music up anymore, i have to keep it low! please help or diagnose

p.s. is it the power cable?

2. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

if i tried to pull a ground or power cable out of any of my amps w/out loosening them first, i think i would break the amp. so i think you should check all of your connections again. are all 4 speakers on the same amp?

3. portlockt3

portlockt3 New Member

yes they are all on the same amp, but the problem has occured for a while, even before the cable came out of the amp. theres a small green cable that goes into the amp which looked a bit threaded, could the problem?

4. kcox669live

kcox669live Full Member

it really could be a lot of things. it sounds like you have a 4 channel amp with 2 of the channels acting up, rear speakers. do you have 2 sets of rca cables coming from the back of your hu? is the set going to the problem channels ok? what does the green cable go to on the amp? i had a problem with a 4 channel amp. i opened it up and found a loose connection to the positive side of a speaker out. soldered it and i'm still using it.