BUILD LOG Explorer limo 6 IB3s walled 300 cubic feet 50"x12"x3.5" port 15Hz tune

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kryptonitewhite, Jan 30, 2011.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

So my 150dB @ 25Hz thread was a feeler. I found a local guy that wants my van after its finished and touched up/cleaned up thats selling a Limo for 10k. We went through all the receipts from the build. He wants to do an even swap. From the exhisting wall to the rear is 15', it's almost 5' tall and almost 5' wide. I can get 300 cubic feet plus some out of it and slot port it, 15Hz tune, and it only needs 5kw... two AP30001Ds each only being pushed to 2500 watts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

SWEET!!! you need to go will BTL's with spl setup!! that would be wicked. if i had the money, i have a dream of a tour bus or school bus. has any one ever done a bus?
    and what computer program are you running?

3. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

cough cough.... 4th order..... cough cough

4. kryptonitewhite

(6) BTL @ $500 = $3000
    (6) SAZ4500Ds, a LOT

(6) IB4 $199 = $1200
    (2) SAZ4500Ds, a lot LESS

4 HO Alts $1800

8 HO alts $3400

5. kryptonitewhite

plot one out that goes just as low or lower for me and we can figure weight addition if theres enough dB gain!

6. kryptonitewhite

HU:Alpine DVA 5205 (The W505 I was told had optical out, HUGE mistake getting it as it does NOT)
    crossover: Alpine PXA-H701
    Line Driver(s): PG
    Amps: (2) SAZ4500D, (12) refurbed ZX850.4 (1) refurb ZX650.4 (6) SX500.2
    subs: (6) Blue Print Audio IB4 18's
    Front stage: (24) AA Carbon Fiber (2) CSS FR125S (24) Vifa XT25TG30

I get under the hood wednessday to see about alts, all Excessive Amperage. (4) spools 0 gauge 100ft. 100 pack 0gauge terminal rings. (1) factory size AGM under hood, (4) large 100aH in rear.

7. connerray2010

What happened to the ap3000's?

8. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

keep the amps up towards the front....less power wire. use longer speaker wire...AC is very efficient, thanks Tesla.

There was a mention for a 4th order box, which I term as a single reflex. This is a good idea for low freqs. The pass band can be tuned low....and maintain some discplacement limited power handling.....with the right drivers.

9. kryptonitewhite

they dont make/sell them anymore :(

10. kryptonitewhite

I agree 100%, Im doing the same thing as with the van... batteries and amps right behind the wall

gotta be Blue Print Audio IB4s though, I am going driver cost over enclosure choice. If we can make 4th, 6th, or even an 8th order subsonic fart box work with minimal weight, it's ON!

11. kryptonitewhite

got a ways to go to finish it though before he will trade. I need brackets, gotta sand/paint/sand/paint/sand/paint the doors, ceiling, and wall. replace the carpet, seat covers or new seats, sand and paint the dash, make the rear wall pretty from the rear hatch, after I get the brackets gotta install the wire, alt, and new belt. Got a ways to go in a short time!

I get a better deal on SX900.2s than SX500.2s, and another ZX850.4 same price as a ZX650.4

so now (7) ZX850.4s and (3) SX900.2s

12. kryptonitewhite

13. connerray2010

what do you mean they dont make them any more? i just got mine in the mail today, payed 300 and yhere were more than 10 available on egay. ( you do mean AUDIO PIPE right?

14. kryptonitewhite

AP30001Ds it is! My distributor doesnt carry then anymore!

Thats OK, I found out months ago everyone else was getting theirs cheaper than me and I got 5 off the bat from the guy!

15. connerray2010

ok, you woried me. i might want another one some day