Subwoofers weird sounding.

Discussion in 'Car Subwoofers' started by tmorales509, Jan 29, 2011.

1. tmorales509

tmorales509 Full Member

Quite hard to explain this without hearing it for yourself, but after having my system out of my car for about a month i decided to reinstall it. After setting everything up the subs sound weird. Even at low volumes you they sound like boomy and echoey? Even a second after a bass note you can hear like a rumble type sound(trying to find the right word, lol). Doesnt sound like clean bass like it used to. Nothing has changed in the setup besides i added a capacitor, not sure if that would have anything to do with the sound though? Basically, LPF @ somewhere between 80-100hz(not exactly sure since it doesnt say on the dial, just goes from 45-200hz or something like that), Gain half way, no bass boost.

2. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

unhook the cap and see. i dont know, worth a try

3. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Unplug one RCA at a time and give it a listen...report back on results

4. tmorales509

tmorales509 Full Member

hey viking you on to something. When i only have one rca plugged in it sounds normal, as soon as i plug the second on in this sound starts as well as it sounds as if it loses half the power..

5. tmorales509

tmorales509 Full Member

just tried switching the rca cables every witch way with no luck. As i said it plays normal when i have only one rca cable connected, doesnt matter witch one red or white but as soon as i connect the other one it messes it up.. Bad rca cables? Bad amp maybe?

6. tmorales509

tmorales509 Full Member

Nevermind guys i found the problem. It was the cap afterall. As soon as i unplugged it everything went back to normal. Dont know why though, the proper voltage was going thru to the amp. Bad cap i guess..