5/14/2002 :: Legendary "Shaker" Turgeon Joins Memp

Discussion in 'Mobile Electronics News' started by The_Ancient, May 16, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Legendary "Shaker" Turgeon Joins Memphis Force Competition Team

May 14, 2003 -- Memphis - Art "Shaker" Turgeon, one of the best-known names in car audio SPL competition, is now part of The Memphis Force.
    Turgeon competed using Memphis Car Audio amplifiers for the first time in his career May 3 and 4 at the SLAP Show in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. He won top place in the Pro 3-4 Class with a new personal best of 173.4. Turgeon's vehicle is a 1988 Chevrolet Blazer that packs 16 Memphis MOJO 2000-D amplifiers.

Turgeon, 40, has won multiple championships from all of the major car audio sanctioning organizations in a competition career that began 10 years ago.

In 2002 he was named world champion in IASCA (Ultimate 1-720), dB Drag Racing (Extreme 3 & 4) and USAC International (Port Wars and Bass Olympics). Since 1996 he has won a world championship every year except 2001.

"I've watched Memphis Car Audio for years and I love their Class D amp line," said Turgeon, who lives in Epsom, New Hampshire. "Using their amps we did the highest number I've ever done on the first time out, so I'd say we're off to a great start."

Turgeon said he cranked up his 40,000-watt system numerous times over the weekend for curious spectators without damaging his amps or speakers. "I'm very impressed with their ability to perform without blowing or shutting down," he noted.

"It's great to have someone like Shaker on our team," said Erik Harbour, technical director for Memphis Car Audio. "He knows an awful lot about high-power audio equipment and he obviously thinks he can set a new world record with our amps. It's a great endorsement of our product."

Turgeon, along with his teammates Rooney Bianco, Bob Parrillo, and Jesse Seigars, said his goal for 2003 is nothing less than another world championship and an SPL world record.

"I want to be world champion again, and with these products we can do it," said Turgeon.