HELP installing a T605 bluetooth unit in a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by joelmessing, Jun 24, 2010.

1. joelmessing

joelmessing New Member

I need some advice with the installation of a Motorola T605 Bluetooth Kit in my 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. The head unit is a Audiophile 6 disk in dash radio w/o DVD. The radio head unit part number is 4L2T-18C815-CE. The radio has a CD/AUX button on the top left and a PHONE/MUTE button on the top right. My questions are:

Does anyone have experience / direction on this install?

Where is the MUTE wire on the head unit?

Where are the telephone line-in wires on the head unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

Your Mercury uses a CanBus System so none of those wires exist. So if you really wanna use the factory radio, you will need to locate an aftermarket supplier that has the correct interface (I don't know of one). I wonder what pin 7 on J1 does?

[​IMG]

If your plugs are different, you might have a mute, but dont bet on it.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  3. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

You can check out www.pac-audio.com, they have several interfaces for your vehicle, part # 68657-pac, 68105-pac, 86121-pac and fcss2. they are all listed as bluetooth cell phone integration. give them a call @ 1-866-931-8021 and let them know what you got. Or you can try Precision interface electronics @1-800-330-9754 they may also have something that can help you out.

4. joelmessing

joelmessing New Member

The diagram above worked perfect! THANKS RANGER SVO! The mute lead connects to pin 7, power pin 1, acc pin 2, ground pin 13, phone line in + pin 4 (J3 connector), phone line in - pin 5 (J3 connector).

My only other question in where do the speaker + and speaker - run to? I don't want to use the external speaker the unit came with so I assume by connecting these wires the sound will come out of the car speakers. If these speaker wires carry the sound to the car speakers what does the line in (+) and (-) wires do?