Sub Not Sounding Up To Par

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by malibuboats91, Jun 9, 2010.

1. malibuboats91

malibuboats91 Full Member

I have an Alpine CDA-9886 deck with a Eclipse EA3422 4 channel amp powering my 4 Infinity Kappa component speakers then I have a MTX X500D amp powering my 12" JL W3 sub. I have been messing around with changing stuff in my system and finally I have found sound quality that I love! Recently probably after winter time, my sub started sounding muffled and not clear like it did before. My gain is set a little above half on the amp and im not quite sure what all the other adjustments on the amp are at (adjustments face ground on back of my box). I am familliar with Pioneer decks but recently decided to go over to Alpine this time. Under bass in the settings it says +5 then Q3 and 60hz. Then the bass level is at 15. Based on the song I am listening to, I adjust the bass level and the first number which is on a scale of -7 to +7. I have been trying to adjust the settings but am not quite sure what to put them on, what would be the best settings for someone who listens to rap and likes deep bass, not the high bass sounds. I just want my sub to sound the best possible. Also what does that setting Q3 mean?

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I think its time to bust out the manual and read up.