Is Pioneer GM-D8500M 1 ohm stable?

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by Iamcaddy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Iamcaddy

Iamcaddy Member

Is Pioneer GM-D8500M 1 ohm stable? I want to buy the Pioneer Champion series DVC 2ohm subs for my amps, just wanna make sure its gonna work before I dish out the cash!

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

No not 1 ohm stable max power is 600 watts @ 2 ohms

3. Iamcaddy

Iamcaddy Member

is this because you tested this? or is this because you read whats on their website? I have read their website and know what the Specs are, I also have owned Earthquake PHD2 amps in the past that are also rated at 2ohm and I ran them at 1ohm for over a year with no issues.

4. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

No i just read the specs along with the owners manual, it states 2 to 8 ohm allowable. If you dont believe Pioneer then wire it up and see what happens. By the way there is a huge difference between the PHD amps and this one.

5. Iamcaddy

Iamcaddy Member

Oh I know, just was hoping someone might have the experience with this amp.

6. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I used to run a Fosgate power series amp that was not rated for 1 ohm but I ran it that way anyway, it worked ok as long as the volume was soft, but when I turned it up it would go into thermal and shut down. You can always give it a shot though.

7. Iamcaddy

Iamcaddy Member

I have noticed that about Fosgate they are VERY hot running amps, had a few back in the day, big fan of their subs but not the amps. I actually know someone that got 3rd degree burns from a Fasgate amp once, lol.

8. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

HAHA thats funny cause I have the scar on my arm from it also!!!

9. Iamcaddy

Iamcaddy Member

LMAO small world! or just highly inefficient amps!